We recognise that our work may have a direct or indirect effect on the local and/or regional environments in which we operate. We therefore strive to reduce any harm that this may cause on the environment. As the first company to offer professionally organised events focusing on the sustainability sector, we are as committed to applying best green practices within our own company as we are to promoting green issues and the sustainability sector around the world.
Winners of the Best Green Initiatives Award at The Conference Awards 2010
Official Offset Partners:
|Registered Green Achievers
5% of our annual profit is donated to charities focused on Climate Change or local charities in the regions in which we hold our events.
Unlike many other professional event companies in the sustainability sector, Green Power Conferences does not promote or profit from industry sectors which are detrimental to the environment.
Our Green codes of practice on waste and environment protection focus on:
- Reducing waste
- Reusing materials at every opportunity
- Aligning ourselves with green suppliers & partners
- Minimising the amount of printed materials & direct mail we use
- Encouraging our staff to be responsible, corporate green citizens
- Utilising energies and water sparingly
- Considering environmental impacts in our purchasing
- Endeavouring to work with partner organisations that share our green values
- Utilising public transport wherever possible and its impacts on the environment
It is our intention to operate our business in an as environmentally friendly way as we can, as is illustrated by what we have achieved to date -
At our conferences
- We take conferences to the markets to minimise intercontinental travel
- We offset all staff travel
- Our badges and bamboo fibre lanyards are reused at all events
- We have eliminated the use of paper in our conference documentation and substitute with reusable memory sticks made from recycled plastic .
- We seek to use green venues wherever possible and encourage venues to source locally produced food with low food miles
- We look to educate and pressure venues into minimising their own footprint
- Shipping to Green Power’s conferences is minimised by printing locally
- Any items we bring to conferences (pads/pens/bags) are made from recycled materials
In our offices
- Staff are actively encouraged to avoid wasteful printing
- Waste paper is used on both sides before recycling
- Minimum use of paper based marketing & registration
- All of the paper we use is recycled
- We actively focus on email and web based communication
- We offset our office energy usage
- Our UK offices are furnished with green/recycled furniture
- We use recycled Business Cards
- We recycle our old computers, mobile phones and printer cartridges
If you wish to suggest further ways we can minimise our footprint please email firstname.lastname@example.org
"‘the conference was well organised, and I liked the fact that the event was carbon
neutral, and name tags were recycled. Well done!" – CM EcoSecurities.
"Green Conference Organizer Walks The Talk On Sustainability" - ecoworldly.com
Click here for full article